Sign-up cancellation and liability for damages -policies

Canceling a sign-up

If the event has an attendance fee, the sign-up will become binding when the sign-up time ends. If you realize after this that you cannot attend the event, you can try to find someone who could take your place at the event. If you manage to find someone to go in lieu of you, please inform the organizers of the event. Even if you don’t manage to find someone to go in lieu of you, it would be good if you could inform the organizers that you are unable to attend.

If you don’t find someone who can take your place, you most likely have to pay the attendance fee. This is because the budgets of events are planned with a specific number of attendees in mind, and thus a large number of cancellations might cause extra costs to other participants or the guild. However, the board will consider each case individually on an event by event basis, and it is possible that in some events you don’t have to pay the attendance fee, if you’ve had to cancel your participation. Doctor’s certificate doesn’t exempt one from paying the fee.

If you have any questions about the attendance fees, you can always contact

Liability for damages

Sometimes accidents happen, and something might get broken/dirty. If something breaks by accident in the guild room, when on loan, or at an event, usually compensation is not required. Especially when acting as a volunteer the guild almost always pays the compensation. 

However, if a guild member has by means of intentional or blatant inappropriate/indifferent behavior caused substantial financial damage, a compensation may be charged from them. Intoxication does not exempt one from the compensation. The board decides on the compensation on a case by case basis. In these compensation is aimed to be a reasonable amount, and the guild may for example take care of a part of the compensation.